Under the overall guidance/supervision of the Regional Director and under the direct supervision of the Resource Mobilization Advisor, the individual - located in the regional office - will support the implementation of the Regional Resource Mobilization and Partnerships Strategy, and contribute to resource mobilization and partnership opportunities across the region by providing technical, administrative and programme support to UNFPA Regional and Country Offices.
The incumbent will support of Regional and Country Office Resource Mobilization and Partnerships, providing guidance on fundraising strategies, proposals and donor contracts. In particular, the individual will lead regional coordination on European Commission and UN resource mobilization opportunities and provide advice on EC, UN and private sector partnership opportunities. The incumbent will also focus on capacity building and training in resource mobilization and partnerships for Country and Regional Office.
- Advanced university degree in international relations, international development, public administration, communication, management or other related field;
A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- 2 years of relevant professional experience in resource mobilization and partnerships, preferably within the UN system;
- Established track record in fundraising and public-private sector partnerships;
- Proven understanding of online and social media for partnership engagement and to promote visibility for the organization
- Relevant work experience with UN, bi-lateral, international donors/agencies and/or non-governmental organizations;
- Familiarity with UNFPA programmes and policies, knowledge of international development policies and institutions, international politics an advantage
- Fluency in English required. Another UN official language is desirable.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.