The Chief Technical Adviser, Population and Housing Census (PHC) position is located in the Bureau of the Census based in Kinshasa. The CTA will work under the overall guidance of the Director General of the National Institute of Statistics (NIS) and the direct supervision of the UNFPA Representative. He or she will also liaise with other national stakeholders and partners, including donors and the United Nations agencies.
- End mission report in hard and soft copies;
- Weekly and monthly reports;
- Documentation of lesson learned and good practices.
How You Can Make a Difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirmed the three transformative results: end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master degree or Ph.D. in Demography, Social Sciences or equivalent
- 10 years relevant experience in the field of population censuses.
- Experience in providing on-the-job training to local staff in data analysis, report writing and use of Internet resources.
- Experience in the dissemination of census data and socio-demographic analyses to broad audiences as well as in motivating the utilization of data and results in development planning and policy issues.
- Knowledge and experience in population and housing censuses preparation phases in Africa.
- Knowledge and experience with census data processing software (CSPro, REDATAM), demographic data analysis (Mortpak, PAS), statistical packages (SPSS, Stata), digital collection and projection programs (People, Spectrum, RUP).
- Communication skills especially for transfer of knowledge.
- Fluency in French (reading, writing and speaking).
- Working knowledge of English.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.