Please note that this vacancy is open only to nationals of Zambia.
The P&D Specialist ensures the effective management of UNFPA activities in the areas of population and development, with its linkages to women’s reproductive health, adolescent and youth programmes and gender equality; especially as it relates to the ICPD beyond 2014 agenda and SDGs. S/he also oversees programme planning, formulation and evaluation, joint programming initiatives and national development frameworks. S/he also collaborates with the CO’s operations/administrative support staff.
- Masters degree in population, demography and/or other related social science field.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 to 7 years with increasing professional experience and responsibilities at the national level, in the field of development and population activities, with experience in programme management.
- Strong results-based programme management experience with particular focus on strategic planning and capacity building.
- Short-listed candidates may be required to successfully complete a UNFPA position related written test.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required; knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, please click "Apply Now" below.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.