**This Roster is only open for applicants residing within the Pacific region**
The incumbent serves as a member of the PSRO Humanitarian Team, and is responsible to promote Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) services in crises, recovery, and post crises situations; facilitates the procurement and delivery of emergency supplies and equipment; orients/ train national partners on Minimum Initial Service Package (MISP). The incumbent will also be responsible of ensuring meaningful inter-agency coordination (including leading a SRH WG under the Health Cluster if cluster system is activated). He/she will assist in resource mobilization efforts, establishing partnerships with other humanitarian stakeholders, NGOs, donors and government counterparts. Guides the transition to comprehensive SRH services when the situation stabilizes.
Requirements, Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Public Health, Midwifery, Nursing, Medicine or relevant Social Sciences with minimum 2 years of relevant experience on Health Emergencies coordination and programming out of which one year should have been in Humanitarian response OR
- Experience in management and/or coordination of multi-sectoral Health in Emergencies response programmes with direct implementation preferred.
- Demonstrate understanding of developing and health programmes for women, girls and young people and their host communities.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, with team members based in other countries/organizations.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment and under pressure.
Able to work with different stakeholders from government institutions, international organizations, academia and NGOs, and the affected communities.
Knowledge of resource mobilization; CERF, Flash Appeals and pooled funds is an advantage.
- Understanding of the national health emergency system and disaster coordination system is an asset.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.