This post is open only to nationals of South Sudan
Under overall guidance and supervision of the Representative and direct supervision of the M&E Specialist, the Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst (M&E Analyst) substantively contributes to the effective planning, quality assurance, reporting, monitoring and evaluation, and evidence generation related to UNFPA activities in the areas of Data and Population Dynamics, Integrated Reproductive Health, Gender Equality and GBV prevention and response, Adolescent and Youth SRH and Humanitarian response. The M&E Analyst will play an important role in improving the quality and results orientation of UNFPA-supported policy and programme interventions, and in developing institutional and national capacity in results-based management (RBM). He/she contributes to UN-wide monitoring and evaluation activities of the ICF/UNDAF. He/she analyses and assesses relevant political, social and economic trends and provides substantive inputs to project formulation and evaluation, joint planning, quality assurance of plans and reports and programming initiatives and other national development frameworks.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Education: Master degree in Statistics, Social Sciences, Demography, or Public Health, or specifically monitoring and evaluation is required for the post.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Three to five years of experience in planning, monitoring and evaluation and/or research.
- A good understanding of the UN system in general, and especially UNFPA's mandate, its policies and operations and current development topics and RBM.
- Excellent report writing skills, preferably with track record of publications and international conference abstracts.
- Excellent skills in computer data analysis and management, including use of data analysis packages.
- Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is highly desirable.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.