The Administrative/Procurement Assistant position is located in the Regional Office (RO). Under the guidance and supervision of the International Operation Manager, and as a member of the RO -Operations team the Administrative Assistant provides quality services in areas of Procurement, supply chain management and administration in compliance with the relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures. She/He takes a client-oriented, results-focused approach to interpreting the rules, procedures and guidelines, provides support and guidance to the RO, and leadership to operations staff in Sub-Regional Office/s (SROs) and Country Offices (COs).
In support of UNFPA’s strategic direction at the regional level, contribute to building regional capacity and ensuring effective and efficient application of country offices resources within the region through support in the following activities:
- Procurement/supply chain management
Our ideal candidate will have:
- High School Diploma in Business Administration and additional Accounting.
- University Bachelor Degree studies is a plus
- 5 years financial and administrative experience in the public or private sector;
- Ability to interpret financial rules, regulations and procedures and explain them clearly and concisely;
- Experience in Atlas/PeopleSoft, and proficiency in use of spreadsheets, word processing and computerized accounting systems;
- Good writing and communication skills;.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Spanish
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO NATIONALS OF PANAMA.
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, click "Apply Now" below.