The Administrative Associate position is located in UNFPA Gaziantep Project Office. Under the overall guidance of the Finance Analyst provides administrative, logistical and secretarial support, maintaining full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment; maintenance of protocol procedures, information flow and follow up on deadlines and commitments made.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The Administrative Associate delivers quality services in HR, administration, logistics and procurement to internal and external clients mastering all relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures. Takes a client-oriented results-focused approach to interpreting the rules, procedures and guidelines, providing support and guidance to the CO and UNFPA-supported projects. Supervises clerical and support staff.
You would be responsible for:
A. Management of project operational requirements:
- Adapts processes and procedures, anticipates and contributes to the management of operational requirements of programme/ project inputs in terms of contracts, equipment, customs/asset/vehicle management, and other programme and project-related events to facilitate programme/ project delivery
- Contributes to the implementation of operational strategies through full compliance of administrative activities with UNFPA rules, regulations and policies.
- Proposes procedures to improve internal controls and efficiency and respond to audit issues with regards administration, procurement and asset management.
- Supports recruitment and selection process applying best practice HR tools and mechanisms.
- Implements corporate systems and applications in support of country office operations, creates systems and mechanisms for effective management of UNFPA resources, and advises and trains project staff
- Effectively executes and coordinates protocol matters, registration of staff, liaison with local authority on administrative matters.
- Reviews procurement requests and coordinates procurement procedures (including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation) for office and project equipment, supplies and services in a transparent and cost-effective manner; recommends procurement decisions.
- Administers the petty cash system and ensures appropriate record keeping.
- Supervises clerical and support staff
B. Management of UN common premises/services
- Contributes to the smooth running of the office by ensuring provision and maintenance of services and supplies, managing contracts, following-up processes and maintaining up-to-date records.
- Monitors effective implementation of common service contracts, reviews and prepares material for common system activities relating to common services and premises, cost recovery, privileges and immunities, entitlement and salary surveys, security etc.
C. ERP Functions and Roles
- Performing relevant Atlas role as a “Buyer” for issuing of purchase orders concerning procurement of services/goods and travel related costs.
- Maintains the vendor portal.
- Actively support Quantum transition process
D. Other tasks
- Carry out UNFPA security related functions and act as focal point as delegated.
- Undertakes other financial and administrative tasks on an ad hoc basis.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed Secondary Level Education required.
- First level university degree desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Six years of relevant experience in administration, finance or office management required
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems required
- Working experience with an international organization is an advantage
- Familiarity with UN procedures and working methods is an advantage
- Experience in organizing events is an advantage
- Experience in processing payments is an advantage
- Knowledge of Atlas/PeopleSoft or other ERP application is an advantage
Fluency in spoken and written English and Turkish is required.
Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
Embracing cultural diversity,
Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
Thinking analytically and strategically,
Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
Providing procurement services
Ensuring facilities and assets management
Managing data, documents, correspondence and reports
Managing information and work flow
Planning, organising and multitasking
Supporting financial data analysis
Managerial Competencies (if applicable):
Providing strategic focus
Engaging internal/external partners and stakeholders
Leading, developing and empowering people/ creating a culture of performance
Making decisions and exercising judgement
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations, persons applying to posts in the international Professional category, who hold permanent resident status in a country other than their country of nationality, may be required to renounce such status upon their appointment.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.