Under the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator, the Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Programme Specialist coordinates the M&E and Learning activities of the 2gether 4 SRHR programme in collaboration with the participating agencies (WHO, UNFPA, UNICEF, WHO). The Programme Specialist is responsible for the design and implementation of the MEL system. This includes identifying appropriate indicators to measure progress, set and track progress in relation to the programme targets, using qualitative approaches to document insights and lessons learnt from programme implementation. The programme specialist will work with the four partner agencies to develop regular progress linked to the outcome, outputs and interventions of the joint programme.
The Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Programme Specialist will be accountable for:
- Convening and coordinating the work of the MEL Working Group
- Design, implementation of the MEL framework using quantitative and qualitative approaches.
- Management of the monitoring and evaluation process including the development of progress reports, overseeing programme evaluations, and using data to generate promising and emerging practices.
- Ensure that the partners have the necessary capacity and skills in using results based learning in reporting on progress.
Qualifications and Experience:
Advanced university degree/ Master's degree in Social Sciences, International Development, International Relations or related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimun of 5 years progressive professional work experience in monitoring and evaluation, project management, social research etc.
- Strong track record in setting up, implementing and using MEL frameworks, managing project evaluations, and proven ability to produce demonstrable results;
- Strong knowledge of monitoring and evaluation, in particular results-based management and reporting, is required.
- Experience in undertaking mid-term reviews and end of project evaluations an advantage.
- Experience in supporting the strategic information activities and peer accountability mechanisms for results.
- Experience in the use of quantitative and qualitative methodologies to document programme results.
- Experience in developing and facilitating participatory, competency based trainings
- Experience in usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling web based management systems
Fluency in English; knowledge of other official UN languages is desirable.
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, click "Apply Now" below.