The Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Adviser reports to the Regional Director (RD). S/He provides overall technical support for monitoring and evaluation across the full range of the work of the Regional Office. In addition, the Regional M&E Adviser provides Monitoring and Evaluation (M & E) guidance to all work overseen by the Regional Office, including the technical assistance system.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results
- 10 years of increasingly responsible professional experience, of which 5 years at the international level, 5 years in health and/or social sciences evaluation; including periodic updating of technical skills .
- Experience in humanitarian context
Recognized expertise in monitoring and evaluation;
- Strong track record of innovative leadership in managing different types of evaluations, and proven ability to produce demonstrable results;
- Programmatic experience, including programme development, planning, monitoring and reporting
- Extensive network within the academic and development community is an asset;
- Field experience is a strong asset.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.