Under the guidance of the UNFPA Representative, the International Operations Manager (IOM), leads strategic planning for operations, setting of management targets, and outsourced services. The IOM advises the Representative on course correction; compliance, cost effectiveness; and creative responses to emerging complex challenges.
In this position, you will have a leading role in achieving key results which have an impact on the overall economy, efficiency and effectiveness of Country Office operations, and the functioning of UNFPA in line with the use of corporate resources in the following areas:
- Financial Services
- Human Resources
- Procurement and Logistical Services
Through delivery of effective programmes, including in emergency settings, you serve on the frontline, supporting the organization’s ability to deliver high quality results. Your ultimate accountability is to the people that you serve; the most vulnerable, excluded, or marginalized and for the causes that you serve; human rights, sustainable development and humanitarian relief.
How You Can Make a Difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced university degree in any of the following disciplines: Public Administration or Business Administration, Economics, Management or other related fields.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 7 years of experience in development in a governmental, multilateral or civil society organization in a multi-cultural setting, including 3 or more years experience in managing teams in a complex organizational setting.
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients, focus on impact and result, and respond positively to feedback.
- Solid knowledge in procurement, financial and human resources management, contract, asset, and information and communication technology.
- Ability to lead business process re-engineering, to implement new systems, and to positively affect staff behavioural/ attitudinal changes.
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting, formulation and monitoring of projects/programmes.
- Experience in international development, particularly in the mandate of UNFPA and dedication to the principles of the United Nations.
- Field experience is essential; experience from a developing, humanitarian context is an asset.
- Fluency in English and French is a requirement.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.