Individual Consultant: To organize a training workshop on monitoring and evaluation for the National Council for Youth in Timor-Leste"
According to the National Youth Policy, the National Council for Youth in Timor-Leste (CNJTL) has the responsibility to ensure the monitoring and evaluation of the Policy on a regular basis. In order to make sure the members of CNJTL have the technical capacity to undertake this work, the present consultancy proposes to conduct training for them.
The consultant will organize the M&E training for CNJTL members, developing the content and delivering it.
The training language is Tetum to 25 CNJTL members, all Timorese nationals. No previous knowledge of M&E is to be expected from participants.
The training should be very practical with a lot of exercises and use the National Youth Policy, the draft National Action Plan for Youth and the plan M&E Framework for the NAP as training material
The training should be for 5 days. The consultancy also includes the preparatory time
The training will be delivered in Dili.
Planned delivery dates are from 4 to 8 December 2017. Training will be delivered face to face.
The consultant is expected to liaise with UNFPA, CNJTL and SSYL during the preparatory time to make sure what is prepared is according to what is needed.
After the training, the consultant is expected to write a report on the training delivery and the results achieved.
• 5 years relevant experiences.
• Advanced university degree in population studies, demography, statistics, anthropology, public health, youth studies, social policy, ethnology, sociology or other relevant field.
• Solid expertise in monitoring and evaluation
• Fluency in English and Tetum (Both written and oral)
• Experience in planning, developing and delivering M&E trainings for various audiences
• Previous experience of working in Timor-Leste in training, capacity building or mentoring
• Good communication skills, cultural sensitivity, flexibility and easy to work with people
How to apply:
Candidates are expected to send
- an application letter, stating their interest, highlighting their expertise and mentioning their daily consultancy rates to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and register your profile in the following link: /unfpa-consultant-roster
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.