The ICT for Development (ICT4Dev) Analyst position is part of the UNFPA Young Professionals from Africa and of African Descent programme. The programme is open to qualified candidates who are 32 years of age or younger in 2021, who self-identify as a person of African descent or are a national of an African country. The programme is intended to provide on-the-job training for young professionals who wish to obtain practical experience in international development and have the potential to grow into impactful leadership roles across the organization.
You will report directly to the Chief, Technology Services and ICT Innovations.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
UNFPA’s Information Technology Solutions Office (ITSO) based at its headquarters location in New York is currently entrusted to provide technology related advice to UNFPA’s Country Offices as well as various governments. The Young Professional (YP) will be pivotal in enhancing the delivery of this function. As part of this responsibility, the YP will be regularly interfacing with various Field Offices to understand their ICT4Dev needs and researching related solutions.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced university degree in social sciences, ICT or related fields.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 2 years of experience in the Information and Communications Technology field. Exposure to ICT4Dev at a Non-Governmental Organization or other development agency is desired. Prior experience in developing countries is an asset.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely;
- Ability to quickly learn new technology;
- Excellent communication skills, including basic social media skills in order to enhance interactions among members of the ICT and Programme communities;
- Initiative, sound judgment and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with staff members from different national and cultural backgrounds.
Fluency in English is required; knowledge of other official UN languages is an asset.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.