Under the overall direction of UNFPA Country Representative, the Humaniatarian Programme Coordinator (HPC) will be responsible for coordinating the development, implementation and managing of humanitarian response programmes in Nigeria. The incumbent is expected to ensure that humanitarian response plans are regularly updated to ensure UNFPA’s effective and timely support to the government, as the nations struggles through the humanitarian challenges caused by the Boko Haram conflict. The incumbent will also ensure that humanitarian programming is integrated into the Country Office (CO) regular programming processes.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Advanced University degree in Medicine/Health sciences, Public Health, International Relations, Demography, Economics or Political Science. Proficiency in current office software applications;
- 7 years of relevant professional experiences in humanitarian technical assistance, programming and management in reproductive health, public health and gender issues, of which 5 years should be at the international level.
- Knowledge of UNFPA humanitarian Fast Track procedures is an advantage.
- Fluency in English required.
- Experience and knowledge of the humanitarian context in Nigeria is an asset.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.