The GBV Sub-Cluster Coordinator’s role will be pivotal to strengthening interagency GBV coordination mechanisms for a more effective and coordinated GBV prevention and response. The GBV Sub-Cluster Coordinator will facilitate the implementation of inter-sector GBV programming in a humanitarian emergency. The GBV Sub-cluster coordinator will ensure that GBV programming is multi-sectoral and involves organizations and actors from the displaced and host communities, NGO, and government implementing partners, UN agencies, and other national and international organizations that engage in comprehensive prevention and response initiatives.
The GBV Sub-Cluster Coordinator’s duties include liaison and coordination with other organizations (coalition building), training and sensitization, strategic planning, and monitoring and evaluation. S/he will use the IASC Guidelines for GBV Interventions in Humanitarian Settings and companion materials (orientation and training guides, planning worksheets, etc.) to facilitate planning, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of GBV programmes.
The GBV Sub-Cluster Coordinator will work under the overall leadership of the UNFPA country Representative, while reporting directly to the Deputy Representative and working in close collaboration with the Office Humanitarian Coordinator.
Qualification and Experience
Advanced university degree, with specialization in areas such as social work, public health, gender, law/human rights, international relations, and/or other related social science disciplines.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 7 years of specialized experience addressing GBV at the international level, preferably in a humanitarian context.
- Experience leading inter-agency coordination mechanisms with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Awareness and demonstrable knowledge of how GBV manifests in humanitarian settings and ability to describe context-specific prevention and response actions.
- Demonstrable knowledge of humanitarian emergency operations, including the Cluster System and HPC, and roles/responsibilities of key humanitarian actors.
- Direct experience providing support to GBV survivors would be an asset.
Fluency in English is required, and working knowledge of French is desirable.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.