Please note that this vacancy is open only to nationals of South Sudan.
The National Programme Officer Gender is located in South Sudan Country Office and reports to the Deputy Representative or Programme Specialist. Under the overall guidance of the Representative and oversight of the Deputy Representative and direct supervision of the Gender/GBV Specialist, the National Programme Officer - Gender (NPO-Gender) substantively contributes to the effective management of UNFPA activities in the gender/GBV Programme. He/she analyzes and assesses relevant political, social and economic trends and provides substantive inputs to project formulation, implementation and evaluation, joint programming initiatives and national development frameworks. The NPO-Gender guides and facilitates the delivery of UNFPA programs by monitoring results achieved in the implementation. He/she ensures and guides the appropriate application of systems and procedures and develops enhancements for gender/GBV programme.
- Master’s degree in gender studies and/or other related social science field is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of professional experience required preferably in social services, programme/project management in the public, NGO or private sector;
- Experience with programme administrative functions will be an added advantage;
- Experience in knowledge management, including use of social science statistical packages will be an asset;
- Computer skills: Proficiency in current office software applications;
- Previous experience in UN system an asset;
- Technical knowledge, skills and understanding of GBV, RH and M&E;
- South Sudanese national.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is required;
- Working knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.