The Finance Assistant role is located within the Payments Team, Accounts Section, Finance Branch of the Division for Management Services (DMS) and will directly report to the Finance Associate under overall supervision of the Chief of the Accounts Section. The Finance Assistant will work to provide support services to HQ units in the areas of payments, accounting and financial management.
- Completion of secondary education.
Qualifications and Experience
- Shortlisted candidates may be required to successfully complete a UNFPA written test;
- 5 years finance-related experience - accounts payable, general ledger maintenance, etc.;
- Good knowledge and understanding of the payments process (ideally in public administration);
- Familarity with standard policies and procedures relating to payments process;
- Experience of using an ERP system (ideally PeopleSoft) and good MS Office skills;
- Good written and oral communications skills;
- Ability to organize effectively, work under pressure with attention to detail, precision and accuracy.
- Fluency in English is required; working knowledge of another UN language desirable.
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, please click "Apply Now" below.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.