Under the supervision of the UNFPA Representative, the Head of the Area Office will provide strategic oversight to the management of the UNFPA’s humanitarian programme in the respective Area Office. As the Head of UNFPA Area Office s/he will have supervisory role over the Programme and Operations teams in the Area Office. In close collaboration with the CO SRH and Gender Units and the Operations Team, the Head of Area Office substantively contributes to the management, coordination and quality assurance of planning, implementation, monitoring and results reporting of UNFPA activities in the respective province.
In a complex operating environment, you will play a vital role in supporting UNFPA Country Office’s management and the programme and operations teams in the respective province, with the planning and implementation of programme activities, communications/advocacy, funding proposal development and monitoring reports. You will work closely work with local authorities, humanitarian/development agencies, civil society and local counterparts in the designated province to deliver quality programmes and support.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced university degree in Humanitarian Assistance, Public Health, Social Sciences, Demography, Gender and/or other related fields.
Knowledge and Experience:
• At least 7 years of relevant humanitarian/development programming and coordination experience at an international level, preferably related to SRHR, GBV and/or emergency response, including field experiences.
• Demonstrated leadership and management experience within a multi-national and multi-cultural environment.
• Knowledge and understanding of UN/UNFPA humanitarian/development programming and operations, and about UN common programming principles including human rights-based approach, gender equality and capacity development.
• Skills in building strategic alliances and partnerships, strong communication and networking and excellent organizational skills.
• Proven work experience which demonstrates a survivors-centered approach.
• Excellent English speaking and writing skills and excellent communications and inter-personal skills and diplomatic tact.
• Ability to self-manage, emotional intelligence, empathy, team spirit, conflict management as well as negotiating skills.
Fluency in English is required; working knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.