Under the overall guidance and supervision of UNFPA country representative; under the direct supervision and programmatic guidance of the Deputy Representative/Senior Emergency Coordinator and in close collaboration with Assistant Representative, the incumbent facilitates and ensures effective and efficient coordination, programmatic and operational support to UNFPA humanitarian programming and response in support of UNFPA teams Eastern and Southern region including Dnipro, Odessa to ultimately ensure the provision of quality and timely SRH and GBV services, and to promote SRH and GBV prevention and response during emergency response planning and implementation, and during donors and inter-agency meetings.
How you can make a difference
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2022-2025), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
UNFPA Ukraine is actively involved in the humanitarian refugee response to the Ukrainian crises, supporting provision of women and girls’ health services, including reproductive maternal health and psychosocial support and Gender-Based Violence support and referral assistance to refugees from the eastern to the central and the western parts of Ukraine.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need principled and ethical staff, who embody human rights norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced degree in Humanitarian Assistance, Public Health, Social Sciences and/or other related fields.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in humanitarian affairs, emergency relief management and coordination, public health or other related areas, prior experience in region an asset
- Proven management, coordination and of programme development skills,
- Track record of building strategic alliances and partnerships, strong communication and networking skills; strong organizational skills,
- Appropriate and transparent decision-making abilities,
- Knowledge and understanding of UN humanitarian relief operations and procedures,
- Prior UNFPA surge deployments undertaken, is an asset.
- Experience in the UN system. UNFPA experience is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Ukrainian/Russian/Slovakian an asset
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.