Division of Communications and Strategic Partnerships (DCS)
Digital Communications Assistant,
Media and Communications Branch, Division of Communications and Strategic Partnerships (DCS)
Contract duration: 11 months renewable
The Digital Communications Assistant is located in the Media and Communications Branch, Division of Communications and Strategic Partnerships (DCS), and reports directly to the Head of Digital Communications. The individual will be part of the Digital Communications team providing administrative support, event support as well as online publishing support to the team. Necessary training will be provided. Details are as follows.
- Provide support for procurement activities
- Assist in the recruitment of consultants
- Make travel arrangement for staff in the team
- Support budget and finance needs, such as raising requisitions, issuing payments, verifying billings and managing other financial operations in UNFPA’s financial system
UNFPA organizes the streaming of virtual events to Youtube. The Digital Communications Assistant will liaise with event organizers and guide them through the publishing process.
- Coordinate the creation of graphic assets with business units and graphic designers
- Liaise with business units to make sure that programmes and speaker cards are available on time
- Build the event page on the UNFPA global website and the UNFPA events Youtube channel
- Coordinate with the Social Media team for event amplification
Website publishing and support
- Publish various content types like articles, resources and publications on the UNFPA global website
- Support content owners across the organization with their publishing requests
Other related duties assigned by the Head of Digital Communications
Required Qualifications and Experience
The candidate should be motivated by UNFPA’s mandate, be highly organized and detail oriented. A strong customer service mentality and ability to handle a fast paced work environment is needed.
- Completion of secondary school education required. Undergraduate level courses preferably in communications, graphic design, computer studies, business administration, finance, marketing, and/or web development
- Administrative support experience, preferably in a communications function is advantage
- Exposure to communication principles and web content management systems is an advantage.
- Basic knowledge of photo editing and graphic design software is an advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, knowledge of another UN language desirable
Interested applicants may submit a cover letter and CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use 'Digital Communications Assistant 2022' as subject.