In direct support of UNFPA’s strategy to achieve the ICPD/MD Goals and ensuring the effective and efficient implementation of procurement processes, the incumbent will be required to provide the following services under the general direction of the Contacting Associate and Procurement Specialist of PSB Strategic Procurement Cluster:
- Manage cost-effective procurement services in the area of contracts and long term agreements in support of UNFPA operations
- Administer supplier management activities
- Support the organization’s procurement and logistics capacity development
- Perform other duties as required
- Completion of Secondary education.
- University degree or equivalent certification in business administration, logistics and supply chain management, procurement, professional development, law or related discipline would be very useful and weighted accordingly, but is not a requirement.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ related work experience preferably in an international, development focused organization and/or the public sector. Note that a Master’s Degree in combination with 3 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of 5 years of experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (in particular, applications related to database and data analysis), MS access, Atlas (PeopleSoft or alternatively Oracle), E-filing system and other software applications is required.
- Experience in international, public procurement, marketing, supply and supplier management is highly desirable.
- Experience in managing bid processes to set up contracts and/or long term agreement for products and/or services; experience in item and category management.
- Experience with UN procurement, finance and contracting regulations and procedures will be a decided advantage.
- CIPS certification or other similar certifications in procurement, contract management or forecasting would be an advantage
- Knowledge of global health and pharmaceutical market and stakeholders is an asset, especially in regards to sexual, reproductive and maternal health.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.