Duration: 60 days (up to 31 Dec 2021)
Location: Remote (supporting DHR in UNFPA New York HQ)
The senior consultant will lead the development of policies related to the recruitment and selection of staff members.
- Policy on job design and job classifications;
- Policy on recruitment and selection for fixed-term appointments, including contract renewals;
- Policy on inter-agency secondments and loans;
- Policy on recruitment and selection for temporary appointments, including advertisement of temporary job openings;
- Policies on special post allowance and revision of policy on detail assignments;
- Policies on separation from service including termination, resignation, early retirement, retirement at age 60 or 62 and mandatory age of separation.
Scope of Work:
- Conducting individual or group interviews to gather inputs from stakeholders including HR Business Partners, Regional Directors, Country Offices, Division Directors, Staff Council, and Senior Management Group (DEDs and Chief of Staff);
- Drafting position papers and briefing notes as needed;
- Analyzing data/conducting trend analysis;
- Researching, collecting and analyzing documents to identify gaps, ascertain best practices and develop policy that addresses UNFPA needs;
- Presenting findings to DHR leadership team and UNFPA Senior Management Group;
- Supporting knowledge management.
Advanced university degree in Human Resources, Public Policy, Public Administration, Business Administration, Law or related field.
- 15+ years of experience in human resources and/or change management. Experience working with a United Nations system organization is an asset.
- Extensive experience in conducting research and drafting policy documents.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written English.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
- Initiative, sound judgment and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with staff members from different national and cultural backgrounds.
Note: For remote work, it is required that the consultant will have access to a PC with reliable internet to perform the functions of the position.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a short letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject clearly stated ''DHR Consultancy - HR recruitment and selection policy" by application closing date.
Disclaimer: UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.