Job title: Future Knowledge Management Platform For UNFPA
Full/Part time: Full
Duration: 90 days
Purpose of Consultancy:
Policy and Strategy Division is in the process of determining the best platform for capturing, storing and retrieving knowledge and developing a related digital knowledge management platform.
The selected platform will be the repository of the large body of knowledge UNFPA has accumulated since its establishment in 1969. The following steps have been completed so far:
- A knowledge management strategy has been issued
- A document management policy has been issued
- A taxonomy for its programmatic areas and preliminary taxonomy for other areas have been developed
- A new enterprise resource planning system is being developed
The purpose of this consultancy is to develop a) a paper on best options for a UNFPA-wide knowledge management platform (library, shared drivers, etc.), b) a detailed design of the option UNFPA selects among them and c) a plan for its integration into UNFPA’s new enterprise resource planning system and myUNFPA.
You would be responsible for:
- Working under the direct supervision of the Chief of Policy, Strategic Information and Planning Branch (PSIPB), the consultant will carry out the following:
- Provide options and recommendations on a knowledge management platform For the option that is chosen by UNFPA, the consultant will further:
- Review overall, corporate taxonomy for UNFPA taking into consideration any of the existing taxonomies;
- Develop a hierarchy of the different knowledge products based on their robustness;
- Advise on a corporate search engine;
- Define the governance of managing and maintaining a knowledge management platform;
- Develop the work flows, including for quality assurance, for the document management cycle;
- Design key statistical reports on the usage of the knowledge management platform;
- Develop the mechanisms for encouraging UNFPA implementing and other partners to share their knowledge products and to obtain user buy-in;
- Map out the relationships between the platform and other applications, including with the UNFPA Policies and Procedures Manual (PPM); and
- Advise on how to integrate the knowledge management platform into UNFPA’s internet and internal websites.
The solution should be integrated to the new enterprise resource planning systems to the extent possible.
The deliverable of this consultancy will be a knowledge management platform report covering all areas listed in the tasks section above. The development of the report is expected to be done in the following stages:
- The options paper, with sufficient information on the options for UNFPA to choose from
- A report on the detailed design of the selected option.
Modality of interaction between UNFPA and the Consultant:
In order to complete the tasks described above, the Consultant will be provided with the following additional support:
- Access to relevant internal information
- Access to UNFPA personnel to assess their needs in the context of a knowledge management platform, obtain information and obtain feedback on the deliverables.
- Access to the development team of the new enterprise resource planning system
Required Expertise and Qualifications
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent), preferably in business, public administration, political science, international affairs, public health, or other social sciences.
Knowledge and Experience:
- A minimum of 15 years of professional experience in development of knowledge management systems
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in development of taxonomies
- Knowledge of enterprise resource planning systems and their functionalities
- An understanding of and ability to abide by the values of the United Nations and the UNFPA mandate
- Excellent report writing, communication, interviewing and computer skills
- Awareness of and sensitivity in working with people of various cultural and social backgrounds
Fluency in English is required.
How to apply
Please send your application and a short letter of motivation with "Future Knowledge Management Platform Consultant" in the subject to Itamar Katz (firstname.lastname@example.org) with copy to Vivienne Wang:email (email@example.com).
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.