Duration: approximately 90 days
Location: Consultant can work from home or based in NYC at UNFPA HQ
UNFPA will soon launch the co-creation process of the new UNFPA People (HR) Strategy 2022-2030, aligned and in support of UNFPA’s new Strategic Plan. In this context, DHR is looking for a highly motivated consultant to a) support UNFPA’s People Strategy co-creation and b) support the design and implementation of new People Strategy / HR programmes, initiatives and products, including Diversity & Inclusion.
Scope of Work:
Over the course of the consultancy the selected candidate would be responsible for the design and implementation of the Diversity & Inclusion aspect of UNFPA’s new People Strategy. The D&I consultant would support the design and / or implementation of e.g. formulation of the D+I strategy, design and delivery of training for various populations, creation of communication materials.
More specifically, the consultant will be entrusted with the following tasks:
- Support co-creation of the D&I strategy as part of UNFPA’s new People Strategy;
- Create communication materials e.g. videos, digital content on D&I issues and topics;
- Support development and launch of a UNFPA D&I corporate mandatory training;
- Design and deliver a variety of D&I trainings (e.g. D&I Advocates, staff, leadership);
- Develop a train the trainers program for the D&I Advocates;
- Coach Leaders, Managers and teams on D&I topics
In addition, carry out any other duties as may be required by the Diversity and Inclusion Specialist or the Branch Chief, Career Development and Talent Mobility, UNFPA.
Master’s (preferred) with a minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience; alternatively, bachelor’s with a minimum of 9 years of work experience.
- Professional experience in the formulation of D&I strategies;
- Professional experience in the design and implementation of programmes, initiatives or products pertaining to learning and development, mentoring, leadership development, D&I;
- Professional experience in training and development with a focus on D&I;
- Well developed communication and drafting skills; strong experience in public speaking;
- Strong skills in PowerPoint, Excel, Word;
- Experience with UN or in multinational context desired
- Experience in policy review and design is desirable.
- Languages: working knowledge in English required; knowledge of additional UN language such as French, Spanish, Arabic is desired
Note: In case the selected candidate works remotely, it is required that the consultant will have access to a PC with reliable internet to perform the functions of the position.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and a short letter of motivation to email@example.com with email subject clearly stated ''DHR Consultancy - Diversity and Inclusion Specialist" by application closing date.
Disclaimer: UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.