- Are you experienced in the field of population censuses?
- Would you like to work on a project that will help to maintain equity among all subgroups in the Democratic Republic of Congo?
If so, this might be the position for you.
UNFPA, the United Nations Populations Fund, is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
How You Can Make a Difference
The Government of Democratic Republic of Congo is in the process of undertaking the second Population and Housing Census (PHC) in 2019. The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) jointly with World Bank, African Development Bank, Japan and other partners are supporting the Government of DRC in conducting this census to enable national technical and management capacities in DRC to plan and implement high quality PHC in accordance with international standards. Results of this PHC will be used for development planning for raising the standard of living of the people of DRC, good governance and maintaining equity and equality among all subgroups.
As the Chief Technical Adviser (CTA), you would perform various tasks and provide vital technical inputs to all activities pertaining to census operations throughout all the stages of the process.
Advanced University degree or Ph.D. in Demography, Social Sciences or equivalent
Your Knowledge and Experience
- 10 years relevant experience in the field of population censuses, particularly;
- Experience in providing on-the-job training to local staff in data analysis, report writing and use of Internet resources;
- Experience in the dissemination of census data and socio-demographic analyses to broad audiences as well as in motivating the utilization of data and results in development planning and policy issues;
- Knowledge and experience in population and housing censuses preparation phases in developing country especially Africa, those with experience on post conflict countries is advantage;
- Knowledge and experience with census data processing software (CSPro, REDATAM), demographic data analysis (Mortpak, PAS), statistical packages (SPSS, Stata) and projection programs (e.g.People, Spectrum, RUP);
- Communication skills especially for transfer of knowledge.
Fluent in French (reading, writing and speaking). Knowledge of English is an asset.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.