This role will report directly to the Chief of the Quality Management Unit (QMU) in the UNFPA Division for Management Services (DMS) and work with the QMU team and colleagues across the organization to co-create, transform and optimise policies, business processes and tools within our remit based on data generated and its analysis.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
QMU manages implementing partner risks and assurance, under the Harmonised Approach for Cash Transfers to implementing partners (HACT), with a portfolio of 1700 implementing partners and USD400m of programme funding; fraud prevention and response and the organisation’s Internal Control Framework (ICF). We facilitate innovation and agility. We co-create, adapt and improve risk-based policies, processes and systems and build staff capacity through adaptive learning and differentiated support. We oversee and monitor compliance with those policies and accountability requirements and aim to improve organizational processes.
The Business Development Specialist contributes to UNFPA’s strategic objective to achieve operational effectiveness and efficiency through 1) managing risk and strengthen the capacity of implementing partners to support more cost-effective programme delivery and 2) adapting our processes and procedures to attain operational agility with accountability for results and resources. The position collaborates extensively within DMS and with other divisions as well as regional and country offices.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced university degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Law, International Relations/Politics, Social Sciences, Information Management, Data Science, Communications or related discipline.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in public administration, development cooperation, policy development of which 3 years should be at the international level.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of using and developing spreadsheet and knowledge of database applications and ERP functionalities to analyze and manage data and processes. Working knowledge of Atlas/PeopleSoft and Oracle is an asset.
- Understanding of the UN and the UNFPA mandate.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and monitor data.
- Strong data presentation skills
- Strong writing skills and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Initiative and sound judgment, and the ability to work independently with the necessary guidance and supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a timely manner and be accountable.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and collaborate with team members.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective relationships both within and outside the organization.
Fluency in English is required; knowledge of French and/or Spanish or other official UN languages desirable.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.