You will manage the interface between business units and the Human Resources function in UNFPA by providing strategic HR Client services and driving HR programs and initiatives in your client area.
You will report to the Deputy Director, DHR.
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) is a key member of the global HR team and facilitates the identification and meeting of the Human Resource needs and objectives of the organization in the client area (Region/HQ) supporting the effective implementation of the Human Resources aspects of the UNFPA Strategic Plan. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business acumen and aligns HR initiatives and programs to support the clients’ business objectives. The HRBP manages the business-HR interface and guides client managers in applying HR policies and practices effectively and equitably, also invites them to contribute to development of policies and HR initiatives in support of new and evolving ways of doing business. The HRBP will ensure delivery of timely, client focused HR support in a spirit of partnership with the business. In close collaboration with the Chief of Career
Development & Talent Mobility, you will lead and coordinate the efficient, consistent implementation of key HR processes in the above Regions. You will strengthen the team's ability to provide value-adding advice to managers and staff regarding policy application in all areas of Human Resources.
You will supervise a team of Human Resources Specialists and Assistants who support managers and staff based in the field. Together with the Deputy Director, Client Services the Regional HR Business Partner will be responsible for ensuring that the delivery of HR services globally meets clients' expectations with regard to efficiency and consistency.
The position is a rotational.
The HRBP works with Client managers, including Directors and Representatives or equivalent level, and staff at all levels in the country offices and in New York, and participates in Regional/Division leadership/management teams. You will also work closely with other DHR Units, Legal, Staff Association, the Ombuds Office, and the Ethics Office, as well as other relevant networks within the UN system and other major international organizations to find synergies, benchmark and promote the progress in modernizing HR policies and practices.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration, Organizational Development or related discipline.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Seven years of progressively relevant experience in HR management of which three years at international level and three years in a similar role are required;
• Experience in a supervisory/managerial role is required;
• Proven ability to deliver effective solutions to complex HR challenges in a multicultural environment;
• Excellent understanding of the UN Staff Rules and Regulations, UN Systems HR experience and/ or similar experiences in multinational/international Organization.
• Strategic mindset coupled with strong analytical skills and a proven ability to handle big picture perspectives, as well as day to day operational matters;
• Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and project management skills;
• Ability to handle confidential information and gain trust;
• Experience working in an advisory capacity with a team remotely is an asset;
• Strong communication, collaboration and team skills;
• Field experience is an asset; HR humanitarian experience highly desirable;
• Experience with the United Nations, Fund or Programme is an asset;
• Consulting experience related to organizational development and change management, is desirable.
Fluency in English required. Fluency in Arabic is desirable.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.