Duration: 9 months
Location: Remote, supporting UNFPA HQ Offices in New York and Geneva
This consultancy is being sought as part of an effort to support the improvement of priority online platforms and dashboards for the management of humanitarian data and information. The consultant will provide technical support for the design, maintenance and improvement of tools for data management and visualization, making use of existing IT applications at UNFPA, chief among them Google Data Studio (GDS) and the related Google suite. The Finance and Operations Unit, Humanitarian office, will be the hiring office for the consultancy.
Scope of Work:
- Surge Roster Dashboard: Maintain the existing Surge Roster and Deployment dashboard (developed in GDS), ensure enhancements are made when requested and support the Roster team in ensuring completeness and accuracy of the data.
- Learning Library & Dashboard: Develop and maintain an online learning library, using GDS. The library contains the links and descriptions to relevant learning and capacity development content, providing easy access to all UNFPA personnel. Integrate data from the existing systems at UNFPA to create a dashboard, using GDS, presenting statistics of the consumption of the learning materials contents.
- Roving team data management tool: Support the adoption of a data management tool for the tracking of the missions and delivery of the Roving teams. This support will include the definition of standard operating procedures for data capture, storage and retrieval as well as the development of a dashboard, using GDS for the visualization of the data in the tool.
- COVID-19 impact on UNFPA dashboard: Work with the Office of the Security Coordinator and Humanitarian Office to develop a dashboard using GDS to assess the different impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on UNFPA personnel, operations, and field offices.
- Documentation protocol: All designs, tools and processes developed during the consultancy will be documented through low complexity flowcharts, including validation, calculation and update instructions.
- Ad-hoc assignments: In addition to the areas of work listed above, the consultant will be taking on ad-hoc assignments to support data management and visualization processes when required.
The consultant will report to the Monitoring & Evaluation and Reporting Specialist, Humanitarian Office, with the HR in Emergencies Specialist, RTSU Humanitarian Office acting as secondary supervisor.
Humanitarian office consultancies are under the overall guidance and supervisory of the HO Director. All final products and deliverables need to be approved by the Director.
Advanced university degree (M.A) in socio-economics, international development, information & communication technology, or related fields.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in Information & communications technology and its application in humanitarian development programming, humanitarian programme management or any other relevant experience.
- Experience working with online data management and visualization tools such as Ms. Power BI, IBM Cognos Cloud, Tableau or Google Data Studio (preferred option) is a requirement.
- Previous experience in the United Nations System, or other organizations working in the fields of humanitarian assistance, international development or social issues close to the United Nations mandate is desirable, but not a minimum requirement.
- Strong writing and interpretive skills and experience producing data analysis reports, and proven ability to communicate technical information to non-specialist audiences.
- A creative and curious mindset are crucial as well as the ability to independently find effective solutions to problems.
- Maturity and professional ability to handle sensitive information and ability to respect the confidentiality of such information while working with UNFPA.
- Experience working in multicultural settings is desirable.
- Full proficiency in English is a minimum requirement. Working knowledge of French and Spanish are assets.
How to Apply:
Interest applicants should send a letter of motivation and a detailed Curriculum Vitae/resume along with financial proposal with “Consultancy for Development of Humanitarian Dashboards” in the subject, to:
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee
in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers
may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork,
Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are
committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to
apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.