PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS ONLY FOR NATIONALS OF MOZAMBIQUE.
The Finance Associate post is located in the UNFPA Mozambique Country Office (CO) in Maputo and with extended presence in the Ministry of Health. S/he works under the direct supervision of the Administrative and Finance Associate and overall guidance of the International Operations Manager (IOM). The Finance Associate delivers effective financial advice and services to internal and external clients and contributes to the efficient and sound financial operation of the Joint Programme Reproductive Maternal Neonatal Child and Adolescents Health (RMNCAH), and in full compliance with established UNFPA financial rules, guidelines, processes and procedures and taking a client-oriented and result-focused approach when providing finance management related guidance to project team members and IPs.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Qualifications and Experience
- Completed Secondary Level Education required.
- First level university degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or similar discipline desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience in finance, administration or office management.
- Proven experience and track record in successfully managing and implementing financial policies, processes and systems in development organizations at national or international level.
- Proficiency in current Microsoft Office applications (especially Microsoft Excel and Word).
- Experience in using ERP system (e.g. PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP) or similar computerized applications.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Working experience with UN organizations desirable.
Fluency in English and Portuguese is required.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.