Please note that this vacancy is open only to nationals of Zambia.
Under the overall supervision of the Representative and direct supervision of the Deputy Representative, the NPA substantively contributes to the effective achievement of UNFPA activities in the area of sexual and reproductive health, reducing maternal mortality and accelerating progress on the ICPD beyond 2014 agenda and SDGs. This includes incorporating programmes elements of population and development, access to maternal and new-born health services, access to family planning services, HIV prevention, gender equality, and poverty reduction; into national and sub-national programmes specifically in the context of women and young people (including adolescents) development.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in public health, social development, medicine, or other related social science field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience with increasing professional experience and responsibilities at national level in programme/project management in the public or private sector;
- Familiarity and knowledge of the functioning of the UN and its policies will be an added advantage;
- Experience in working with government institutions, NGOs and/or donor institutions.
- Familiarity with issues of reproductive health and rights and how this impacts on women and young people.
- Proficiency in current office software applications.
- Short-listed candidates may be required to successfully complete a UNFPA position related test.
- Fluency in written and verbal English is required. Knowledge of a second UN language is an advantage.
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, please click "Apply Now" below
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.