The Cloud Systems Administration Specialist post is located in the Management Information Services Branch. Under the direct supervision of the Applications Development Manager, the Cloud Systems Administration Specialist is responsible for the management and administration of the cloud based data center and related systems infrastructure. The Cloud Systems Administration Specialist is also responsible for cloud capacity planning and developing/implementing related initiatives to improve the overall reliability and effectiveness of applications and Internet services.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
Qualifications and Experience
- 10 years of increasingly responsible experience in the server infrastructure and administration fields in a large multinational organization or in a large international corporation, with at least 3 years of related management experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing and maintaining a production Linux (CentOS, RedHat) environment
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the field of Cloud Systems Administration working with Google Cloud Platform, Google Compute Engine and Amazon Web Services.
- Experience in systems administration of Google Apps for Business or Google Drive for Work is highly desirable.
- Broad general knowledge of Cloud Provisioning/Automation Tools like Puppet Labs or Chef.
- A strong knowledge of networking in TCP/IP, routing, load balancing, network troubleshooting, network protocols (DNS, IMAP, POP3, SMTP, DHCP, SSH, LDAP) and firewall security administration.
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate solutions and resolve issues. Ability to supervise staff and consultants, make major decisions independently and work well with others. Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks.
- Broad general knowledge of cloud technology, with proficient command of the Linux Operating Systems, Sun Hardware platforms and other UNIX operating systems. A thorough understanding of the Sun Java Messaging, Calendar, Directory and Access Manager (OpenSSO) software.
- Initiative and sound judgment, ability to organize work, demonstrated ability to work in harmony with staff members of different national backgrounds.
- Fluency in English is required; Working knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, please click "Apply Now" below.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.