According to projections by the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs, it is estimated that the global population will reach 8 billion on 15 November 2022.
Eight. Flip the numeral (8) on its side, and you have the symbol for infinity (∞). As eight billion, we have the power to shape our common futures. And by protecting individual rights, we can unlock the unlimited potential of people around the world to address the challenges facing their societies and the global problems imperiling us all.
Reaching this milestone is both a cause for celebration and a clarion call for humanity to find solutions to the challenges we face.
On the Day of Eight Billion, join UNFPA Executive Director Dr. Natalia Kanem in marking this milestone for humanity on the margins of the International Conference on Family Planning in Pattaya City, Thailand.
- 8 Billion website
- #8BillionStrong UNFPA YouTube playlist
- Video: 8 Billion Strong: A world of infinite possibilities
- Video: The world population reaches 8 billion people
- Video: UNFPA and Cecilie Waagner launch AI-generated NFT collection
- Lyrics: Alien Child - Born to Rise
- Lyrics: Alien Child - Victory (ICFPP Version) Document39.96 KB