Duration: 11 months
Location: New York, supporting UNFPA Strategic Partnerships Branch (SPB)
UNFPA's Strategic Partnerships Branch (SPB) within the Division of Communications and Strategic Partnerships (DCS) is leading corporate efforts to expand UNFPA's strategic partnerships with the private sector and to mobilize resources from non-traditional partners.
As part of its mandate to mobilize resources for UNFPA’s three transformative goals, the SPB mobilizes resources from both new and existing strategic partners. The Branch currently manages a number of high value, longstanding and multi-country partnerships with strategic partners which require high quality account management and stewardship of the relationship with the partner, resulting in an expansion of the partnership and leveraging of additional resources for UNFPA priorities.
We are looking for a Maternal Health Partnerships Management Consultant to join our team to focus on existing large corporate partnerships within the maternal health portfolio. You will have a good knowledge of corporate fundraising and account management and will have experience working on projects supported by private sector partners in the field of maternal health.
Scope of Work:
The Partnership Management Consultant is responsible for the following:
- Plan and deliver activities foreseen in individual ‘partnership work plans’ and ensure the timely delivery of UNFPA commitments.
- Liaise with Country and Regional Offices to ensure development and submission of quality progress and financial reports to strategic partners.
- Monitor the delivery of UNFPA commitments under each agreement with strategic partners.
- Coordinate donor engagement events aimed at showcasing and strengthening the partnership with key strategic partners.
- Develop new ‘asks’ and pitch proposals to existing partners.
- Propose innovative and creative ideas to strengthen partnerships with existing strategic partners.
- Contribute to the development of annual and capital campaigns aimed at securing contributions from major individual donors.
- Participate in donor mapping to identify new business opportunities.
- Any other task as assigned by the supervisor.
Bachelor’s or Postgraduate University Degree or equivalent in marketing, fundraising, communications, political or social sciences or other fields directly related to the substantive area.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong knowledge of the fundamentals of private sector partnerships.
- Good understanding of effective client relationship management.
- Able to work in a small and dynamic team in collaboration with multiple units.
- Able to work in a start-up mode where work plans are fluid.
- Fluency in English, knowledge of another UN language is an asset but not required.
How to Apply:
Interest applicants should send a letter of motivation and a detailed Curriculum Vitae/resume along with financial proposal with “Maternal Health Partnerships Management Consultant” in the subject;
E-mail for applications: SPB.email@example.com
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.