Duration: Five months (August to December 2021)
Location: UNFPA HQ, New York
The Consultancy is located in the Resource Mobilization Branch, Division of Communications and Strategic Partnerships. The incumbent is expected to work in a proactive manner under the supervision of the Chief, RMB and in close consultation with the Resource Mobilization Team. As deliverables, the incumbent of this consultancy is responsible for the preparation of an updated Resource Mobilization Strategy for UNFPA and related communication and advocacy documents. These documents will ensure consistency, complementarity and quality of strategies and approaches as UNFPA pursues to solidify and expand its contributing donor and resource partner base in support of the new Strategic Plan 2022-2025.
Scope of Work:
The deliverables, accountability and expected results focus on support to overall strategic approach of and updating/drafting of UNFPA’s corporate resource mobilization/partnerships strategy, notably:
- Resource Mobilization Strategy development - working as part of the RMB team and in consultation with a reference group and other UNFPA business units globally, drafting a high-quality strategy to guide UNFPA's resource mobilization during the Strategic Plan 2022-2025 and beyond.
- Keeping the promise - Analysis of different target audiences to reach with messages for effective acceleration of ICPD commitments relating to allocation of additional resources to the PoA - both at country level and globally.
- Telling our story - Development of resource mobilization advocacy narratives/storylines for UNFPA-supported three transformative results - ending:
- (i) unmet need for family planning,
- (ii) preventable maternal deaths, and
- (iii) gender-based violence, including harmful practices.
- Amplifying the message - Developing RM communication and advocacy guidance and success indicators to business units based on their comparative reach, roles and responsibilities.
Advanced degree in Social Sciences, Communications and External Relations, Law, International Development or other relevant discipline.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience, with extensive background in communicating for impact, strategic guidance drafting; resource mobilization;
- Substantial professional experience working with/within the United Nations;
- Substantial and varied experience with development stakeholders (UN Agencies, European Union, World Bank, donors, etc). and familiarity with their funding engagement priorities.
- Computer skills (specifically Word, Internet, Power Point).
- Excellence in English required with particular emphasis on proven high-level written skills.
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
How to Apply:
Candidates who have the required/relevant qualifications and experience should submit their applications including a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and motivational letter with a copy of qualifications to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please specify in the email subject “Resource Mobilization Consultant”.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.