The Project Coordinator (Humanitarian) post is located in UNFPA’s Asia Pacific Regional Office in Bangkok, and directly reports to the Regional Humanitarian Coordinator under the overall guidance of the Programme Adviser. S/He is part of the programme and humanitarian support team within APRO providing integrated programme and technical support within a systems strengthening approach which is fundamental to UNFPA’s overall strategy.
The Project Coordinator (Humanitarian) supports the Programme and Humanitarian Support team to implement a multi-year Australian government funded initiative on prepositioning emergency supplies in the Asia Pacific region
Requirements and Qualifications:
Education: Advanced University degree in public health, sociology, economics, international development, public administration, management or other related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Five years of increasingly responsible professional experience of which at least three years is on programme management, including the development of workplans and results frameworks, and monitoring and reporting.
• Experience in working in humanitarian settings particularly with procurement and management of emergency supplies within the Asia Pacific regional context are strong assets.
• Well developed organizational and coordination skills and an ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and within limited timeframes.
• Familiarity with UN procedures and working methods, particularly with UNFPA’s agenda, policies and procedures, is highly desirable.
• Excellent Oral and written communication skills are required.
Languages: Fluency in English is required; Working knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.