Please note that this vacancy is open only to nationals of South Sudan.
Under the guidance and supervision of the assigned Programme Analyst, the Programme Assistant supports the design, planning and management of UNFPA’s country programme by providing and managing data inputs, providing logistical support, monitoring project implementation and following up on recommendations. The Programme Assistant applies established systems and procedures and assists in the creation of substantive knowledge by compiling, synthesizing and analyzing information relevant to population and development, reproductive health and gender issues. S/he is instrumental in facilitating programme/ project implementation using and developing appropriate mechanisms and systems and ensuring compliance with established procedures.
The Programme Assistant maintains collaborative relationships with all programme and project staff at the as well as administrative and operations team of the CO.
Required Skills and Experience
- Post-Secondary Level training in development related field but first level university degree would be desirable.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in programme/ project management;
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams and in harmony with persons of different national background and cultures;
- Familiarity with UN development programmes and working procedures, especially UNFPA policies and programming procedures will be an asset;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to foster engaged partnerships;
- Fully proficiency in computer-related applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Fluency in English; knowledge of Arabic is desirable.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.