I. Copyright notice
Copyright (c) United Nations Population Fund, 2008. All rights reserved.
The information in the various pages of the UNFPA Website, www.unfpa.org, is issued by the United Nations Population Fund for general distribution.
The information presented is protected under the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literature and Artistic works, under other international conventions and under national laws on copyright and neighbouring rights.
Extracts of the information in the Web site may be reviewed, reproduced or translated for research or private study but not for sale or for use in conjunction with commercial purposes. Any use of information in the Web site should be accompanied by an acknowledgment of UNFPA as the source, citing the uniform resource locator (URL) of the article. Reproduction or translation of substantial portions of the Web site, or any use other than for educational or other non-commercial purposes require explicit, prior authorization in writing to web(at)unfpa.org.
The designations employed and the presentation of the information in this website do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of UNFPA concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
The designations "developed" and "developing" regions are intended for statistical and analytical convenience and do not necessarily express a judgment about the stage reached by a particular country or area in the development process.
The mention of specific companies or of certain manufacturers' products does not imply that they are endorsed or recommended by UNFPA in preference to others of a similar nature that are not mentioned.
UNFPA does not warrant that the information contained in the website is complete and correct and shall not be liable whatsoever for any damages incurred as a result of its use.
Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of the United Nations, which are specifically reserved.
UNFPA reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the site or any Materials in any respect. UNFPA shall have no obligation to take the needs of any user into consideration in connection therewith.
No waiver by UNFPA of any provision of this Agreement shall be binding except as set forth in writing signed by its duly authorized representative.
II. Web site usage agreement between UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund and the User.
UNFPA, The United Nations Population Fund, offers its information on the Internet for the benefit of individuals and organizations interested and involved in the areas of population, reproductive health, including family planning, and sustainable development issues.
1. Use of this Site constitutes agreement with the following terms and conditions.
2. The United Nations Population Fund (henceforth referred to as UNFPA) maintains this web site www.unfpa.org (the "Site") as a courtesy to those who may choose to access the Site ("User"). The information presented herein is for informative purposes only. UNFPA grants permission to Users to visit the Site and download and copy the information, documents and materials (collectively, "Materials") from the Site for User's personal, non-commercial use, without any right to resell, redistribute, compile or create derivative works therefrom, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, and also subject to more specific restrictions that may apply to specific material within this Site.
3. UNFPA administers this Site. All Materials on this Site from UNFPA are subject to these terms and conditions.
4. Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings, interpretations and conclusions expressed in the Materials in this Site are those of the various United Nations staff members, consultants and advisers to UNFPA who prepared the work and do not necessarily represent the views of UNFPA or United Nations Member States.
5. Materials provided on this Site are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. UNFPA specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such Materials. UNFPA periodically adds, changes, improves, or updates the Materials on this Site without notice. Under no circumstances shall UNFPA be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered which is claimed to resulted from use of this Site, including without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto. Use of this Site is at User's sole risk. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall UNFPA or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if UNFPA has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
6. User specifically acknowledges and agrees that UNFPA is not liable for any conduct of any User.
7. This site may contain advice, opinions, and statements of various information providers. UNFPA does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, or any user of this site or other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at User's own risk. Neither UNFPA nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, timeliness, completeness, deletion, defect, failure of performance, computer virus, communication line failure, alteration of, or use of any content herein, regardless of cause, for any damages resulting therefrom.
8. As a condition of use of this Site, User agrees to indemnify UNFPA and its affiliates from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of User's use of this Site, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by User of these terms and conditions. If User is dissatisfied with any material on this Site or with any of its terms and conditions of use of this Site, User's sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using this Site.
9. This Site may contain links and references to third-party Web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of UNFPA and UNFPA is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. UNFPA provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply endorsement of the linked site by UNFPA.
10. If this Site contains bulletin boards, chat rooms, access to mailing lists or other message or communication facilities (collectively, "Forums"), User agrees to use the Forums only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Forum. By way of example, and not as a limitation, User agrees that when using a Forum, User shall not do any of the following:
a. Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
b. Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information.
c. Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless User owns or controls the rights thereto or has received all consents therefor as may be required by law.
d. Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
e. Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
f. Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
g. Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters, or download any file posted by another user of a Forum that User knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
11. User acknowledges that all Forums or Discussion Groups are public and not private communications. Further, User acknowledges that chats, postings, conferences, emails and other communications by other users are not endorsed by UNFPA, and such communications shall not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by UNFPA. UNFPA reserves the right for any reason to remove without notice any contents of the Forums received from User, including without limitation email and bulletin board postings.
Country and area nomenclature; mention of companies or products
The use of particular designations of countries or territories does not imply any judgement by UNFPA as to the legal status of such countries or territories, of their authorities and institutions or of the delimitation of their boundaries. The mention of names of specific companies or products (whether or not indicated as registered) does not imply any intention to infringe proprietary rights, nor should it be construed as an endorsement or recommendation on the part of UNFPA. The designations "developed" and "developing" regions are intended for statistical and analytical convenience and do not necessarily express a judgement about the stage reached by a particular country or area in the development process.
Preservation of Immunities
12. Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of the United Nations, which are specifically reserved.
13. UNFPA reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the site or any Materials in any respect. UNFPA shall have no obligation to take the needs of any user into consideration in connection therewith.
14. UNFPA reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any user access to this Site or any portion thereof without notice.
15. No waiver by UNFPA of any provision of this Agreement shall be binding except as set forth in writing signed by its duly authorized representative.