99/13. UNFPA workplan for 2000-2003 and programme expenditure authority
The Executive Board
1. Notes programme resource planning proposals of the Executive Director as set out in document DP/FPA/1999/9;
2. Approves the request for 2000 programme expenditure authority at a level equal to expected new programmable resources for 2000, currently estimated at $224 million, and requests the Executive Director to report to the Executive Board whenever there are any significant increases or shortfalls in estimated income for the year 2000;
3. Notes the following estimates of new programmable resources for programme planning for the period 2001-2003: $242 million for 2001; $254 million for 2002 and $267 million for 2003; and requests the Executive Director to reconsider these estimates in the preparation of the multi-year funding framework;
4. Endorses the use of new programmable resources for multi-bilateral funding at $35 million per year for the years 2000-2003;
5. Requests the Executive Director to report on progress in developing the multi-year funding framework at its first regular session 2000 as envisioned in decision 99/5.
22 June 1999