98/12. UNFPA: Evaluation
The Executive Board
1. Welcomes the report of the Executive Director on United Nations Population Fund evaluation activities (DP/FPA/1998/6) and the progress made by the United Nations Population Fund in revising its monitoring and evaluation guidelines, which emphasize effectiveness and outputs;
2. Encourages the United Nations Population Fund to continue its efforts to enhance the analytical content of the periodic report on evaluation activities, particularly in regard to outcomes, achievements and lessons learned;
3. Requests the Executive Director actively to seek opportunities to undertake joint evaluations, where appropriate, with partner organizations and governments;
4. Also requests that efforts be made to increase further the percentage of external evaluations and to continue to report to the Executive Board on progress made towards this objective in the periodic report on evaluation activities;
5. Requests the Executive Director to include in the periodic report on evaluation activities, starting in the year 2000, an annex providing a record and analysis of evaluation compliance for all country programmes completed in the previous biennium in line with the evaluation work plan of the United Nations Population Fund.
12 June 1998