97/27. Technical Support Services system of the United Nations Population Fund
The Executive Board
1. Takes note of the report on the Technical Support Services system of the United Nations Population Fund as contained in document DP/FPA/1997/16;
2. Endorses the proposals for reconfiguring the Country Support Team adviser posts as contained in paragraphs 23-26 of document DP/FPA/1997/16;
3. Agrees, on a temporary basis for 1998, to the proposals for modifications of the Technical Support Services specialist posts in United Nations agencies and organizations as contained in paragraphs 27-31 of document DP/FPA/1997/16, understanding that any outstanding vacancies in the Technical Support Services specialist posts will not be filled in the interim;
4. Also agrees to review the "Report on an assessment of the TSS specialist posts at headquarters and regional levels" in relation to document DP/FPA/1997/16 at the second regular session 1998, in particular in regard to the purpose, effectiveness and organization of the Technical Support Services specialist posts, with a view to providing direction for the Technical Support Services specialist arrangements for 1999;
5. Requests the Executive Director to reassess, in 1999, the Technical Support Services system, including an analysis of its financial aspects, that will be reviewed by the Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions, and to report thereon to the Executive Board at the annual session 1999.
19 September 1997