The Executive Board
1. Takes note of the reports on internal audit and oversight (DP/2004/27, DP/2004/28 and DP/FPA/2004/6), and the comments made thereon;
2. Expresses support for the continued strengthening and reorganization of the internal audit and oversight resources of the UNDP, UNFPA and the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS);
3. Urges the Administrator, and the Executive Directors of UNFPA and the UNOPS, to take the necessary steps to address the issues contained in the reports on internal audit and oversight (DP/2004/27, DP/FPA/2004/6 and DP/2004/28) and to report to the Executive Board at its annual session 2005 in the context of their respective reports;
4. Requests the Administrator of UNDP and the Executive Directors of UNFPA and UNOPS to develop a framework containing concrete objectives, as well as a time-path and indicators for the resolution of the issues contained in the reports on internal audit and oversight (DP/2004/27, DP/FPA/2004/6 and DP/2004/28), and to report on this framework to the Executive Board at its second regular session of 2004;
5. Requests UNDP to carry out a periodic review of its policy on universal prices for services provided by UNDP and to report on the matter at the September 2004 session of the Executive Board, where cost recovery issues are expected to be discussed, with clear indication of how UNDP will improve cost recovery, including a timetable;
6. Notes with concern that, according to paragraph 60 of the report, UNDP routinely provides a variety of services to United Nations organizations, sometimes based on a memorandum of understanding (MOU), sometimes without an MOU.
18 June 2004