The Executive Board
1. Takes note with satisfaction of the report of the Executive Director of the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) on implementation of the 2003 UNOPS budget (DP/2004/6) and the encouraging estimated financial results for 2003;
2. Takes note also of the revised budget estimates for the biennium 2004-2005 and requests the Executive Director of UNOPS to submit to the Board, at its annual session 2004, an update on the budget estimates, including a critical assessment of the business projections for 2004-2005;
3. Further takes note of the full response to the recommendations set out in the report of the independent review, the strategy for business acquisition, progress in implementing internal change, the comprehensive timetable and benchmarks for monitoring progress;
4. Approves the detailed budget of $8.4 million (DP/2004/7) for the longer-term change process and the modalities for meeting its cost;
5. Approves the expansion of the mandate of UNOPS to cooperate directly with regional and subregional development banks on a pilot basis, encourages UNOPS to ensure close consultation with resident coordinators, and requests the Executive Director of UNOPS to provide an update on progress in his report to the Executive Board at its annual session 2004;
6. Requests the Executive Director of UNOPS to continue to facilitate a broader consultation process between UNOPS, the Executive Board and other stakeholders concerning the vision, mandate and governance of UNOPS, and to report on these consultations to the annual session 2004.
30 January 2004