The Executive Board
1. Takes note of the report on the status of regular resources funding commitments to UNDP and its associated funds and programmes for 2003 and onward (DP/2003/15);
2. Welcomes the encouraging albeit modest increase in UNDP regular (core) resources for the second consecutive year in 2002, and notes also the increase in other (non-core) resources;
3. Reiterates that regular resources are the bedrock of UNDP and essential to maintaining the multilateral, neutral and universal nature of its work;
4. Recognizes, however, that the level of growth in regular (core) contributions continues to be far below target and, in the spirit of the Monterrey Consensus, urges all countries, in a position to do so, to increase core funding to UNDP so as to rebuild the regular resource base of UNDP;
5. Looks forwards to discussing further UNDP funding requirements when adopting the next multi-year funding framework (MYFF), 2004-2007, at the second regular session of the Executive Board in September 2003.
13 June 2003