The Executive Board
1. Recalls General Assembly resolution 48/162 of 20 December 1993 on the functions of the Executive Board (paragraph 22) and Executive Board decisions 96/6 of 19 January 1996 and 96/45 of 13 September 1996, as reflected in DP/2003/CRP.6, on rationalization of documentation;
2. Takes note of the follow-up to the report on the rationalization of documentation and the streamlining of the working methods of the Executive Board (DP/2003/CRP.6) and the report on rationalization of documentation and streamlining of working methods of the Executive Board (DP/2001/CRP.17-DP/FPA/2001/CRP.2);
3. Encourages a closer relationship between the deliberations of the Executive Board and the work in the field, keeping in mind the need to enhance country-driven programming;
4. Decides to include this item in the agenda of the annual session of the Executive Board in June 2003;
5. Invites all Member States, through the Bureau, to present contributions, before 15 May 2003, on the rationale for the improvement of the working methods of the Executive Board and specific proposals in this regard.
23 January 2003